For the past 16 years, Sabeel Food Pantry has teamed up with Chicago Muslims to bring turkeys to the families of the students at Chicago Public Schools on the south side of Chicago. Through the generous contributions of community members, the Chicago Muslim Turkey Drive (CMTD) team of volunteers have successfully been able to distribute thousands of turkeys to families who would otherwise not have them on their tables. Last year, 5,000 turkeys were distributed to these families. This year, the goal is the same but requires your continued support.
The Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA) has also once again agreed to match dollar for dollar every donation that is received. This means that every donation that you give is automatically doubled!
Your donations will provide Thanksgiving turkeys to the following Chicago Public Schools:
• Carnegie Elementary, 1414 E. 61st Place
• Dulles Elementary School for Excellence, 6311 S. Calumet
• Emmett Till Math and Science Academy, 6543 S. Champlain Avenue
• Fairfield Academy, 6201 S. Fairfield Avenue
• Fiske Elementary, 6020 S. Langley Avenue
• South Shore Fine Arts Academy, 1415 E. 70th Street
• Wadsworth STEM Elementary, 6650 S. Ellis Avenue
• Woodlawn Community School, 6657 S. Kimbark Avenue
This year, each turkey only costs $17 – and once again, your dollars go twice as far! Please make your tax-deductible secure online donations at the Sabeel Food Pantry – Chicago Muslim Turkey Drive website: www.sabeelpantry.org
Tax deductible checks made out to “Sabeel Food Pantry” can be sent to:
P.O. Box 535
La Grange, IL 60525
Your Turkey Drive has made a difference for thousands of families in need at Thanksgiving for the past 16 years. Please support this tradition of goodwill!