CIOGC Muslim Achievers Award
The Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago (CIOGC) will recognize Muslim Achievers at its 2021 Annual Community Dinner on November 14, 2021.
The CIOGC Muslim Achievers Award
Too often, noteworthy contributions by Muslims remain unknown or are not recognized. Muslims from different academic pursuits, in various professions, and in different business sectors, help make our society one of the best in the world. The Muslim Achiever Award was instituted by CIOGC to spotlight Muslims whose work or achievements contribute to the Muslim community or to society at large. Through such recognition, we hope to further the pursuit of excellence in our community and to raise awareness how Muslims contribute to the well-being of our society.
The selection of a recipient of the award is based upon the level of success and/or contribution made in the fields of academia, business/finance, engineering, journalism, law/law enforcement, medicine, public service, science, or sports.
The Muslim Achievers Committee evaluates information provided, as well as that gained from its internal research, about each nominee. The number of awards varies from one to a maximum of three, based upon the meritorious achievements of the nominees. The committee uses the following qualifications as guidelines in the selection process:
- Preference is given to the Chicagoland nominees (nominees outside of Chicago area are considered where her or his achievements have a national impact
- Nominees’ work or area of achievement must not violate Islamic principles of conduct (i.e., it does not pertain to activity that is haram/morally forbidden)
- The committee makes the final determination of who is selected as an awardee and of the number of awards given.
- Submit nominations
- In addition to information requested in the nomination form, the following information about the nominee is important in the evaluation process:
- Biography or CV
- Citations, certificates of achievement, or other indicia of recognition by governing bodies pertaining to the work of the nominee
- Written, audio, or video detailing the nature and scope of the work or achievements by the nominee.
- Submit such additional information via the link supplied in the nomination form.
- If you cannot submit a document through the supplied link or if you have additional questions, please submit the document, or pose your question by email to the following email address: [email protected]
- The deadline to submit nominations is Thursday, September 30, 2021.
- Let us work together to recognize the great work and achievements made by members of our community.
Committee will accept well prepared audio, video information about the nominee and submission of this information is encouraged.