As believers in Islam, we strive to be the best in all of our endeavors. These individuals are the bright stars of our community.
Annually, CIOGC recognizes the bright stars in the Illinois Muslim community, be it in Islamic studies, the arts, the sciences, professions, public service, or other areas of accomplishment.
Top Muslim Achievers are people who have excelled in their respective fields and have either achieved great success and/or have been recognized for their excellence. Achievers will be chosen from various fields including education, research, Islamic Studies, medicine, engineering, business, politics, social and public service, among others.
The following criteria will be used by the CIOGC Top Muslim Achievers Committee for evaluating the nominees:
- Preference will be given to the Chicagoland Achievers.
- Achievers from outside of Chicagoland will be recognized if their achievement is of national prominence.
- The achievement should not be in a field that is considered haram, such as gambling, alcohol, etc.
- Achievements must be from the past year or very recent past, unless it is of national prominence.
- The nominees must be Muslims. Muslims who express or have expressed any views offensive or contradictory to the fundamental Islamic beliefs and practices will not be considered.
CIOGC will recognize these men, women and/or youth at the annual CIOGC CommUnity Dinner on November 17, 2018 at Drury Lane in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois. If you know of a person who should be recognized, please submit your nomination with the following information:
a. The nominee’s name, profession, and contact information
b. Please supply specific reference and documentation that demonstrates the nominee’s achievements in the Muslim community or society at large (e.g. certifications, awards, memberships, etc.).
Please submit your nominations online by no later than Monday, October 15, 2018.
You may also submit your nominations by mailing them to:
Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago
C/O Executive Director
231 S. State St. Chicago, IL 60604