- All contestants must be between the ages of 14 and 24
- If a contestant is caught plagiarizing or presenting material that isn’t written or created by him or her, an automatic disqualification will be the result.
- Foul language deemed inappropriate and un-Islamic will not be tolerated; the contestant using such language will be disqualified.
- No artwork depicting nudity will be accepted
- Only two contestants can be winners per category; 1st place receives $200, but more importantly, the opportunity to fulfill leadership roles within CIOGC programs and events pertaining to his or her art will be extended to all first place winners. Second place winners will receive a $25 gift card
- If a submission is deemed inappropriate by Judges, Final determination of disqualification will be left to the discretion of the judges
Categories of Art:
- Poetry & spoken word (a-cappella only): (Raps and song lyrics are accepted)
- Visual art: (painting, drawings, photography, & sculptures & Engravings)
- Design: (concept art for fashion, graphic design, architectural design
- Flash Fiction (1000 word limit): (No Essays; must be short stories)
- All pieces will be judged by 3 judges specializing in your category of art. Each judge will contribute to a complete score for each submission.
- 4 categories will be the basis of judgment for each work:
- Thematic content (Theme of the work) 25 points
- Originality 25 points
- Technical form(How well does the artist use techniques found with in his or her style of art) 25 points
- Execution of work (how well was the work put together and presented) 25 points
Possible total score of 100
- In the event of a tie, all 3 judges will deliberate on the art works in question to come to a determination by unanimously agreeing the winner of their interest