You are invited to nominate Top Muslim Achievers of 2016. The Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago (CIOGC) will recognize up to three Top Achievers of our community at its 2016 Annual CommUnity Dinner later this year, inshallah.
Top Muslim Achievers are people who have excelled in their respective fields and have either achieved great success and/or have been recognized for their excellence.
Achievers will be chosen from various fields including education, research, Islamic Studies, medicine, engineering, business, politics, social and public service, among others.
The following criteria will be used by the CIOGC Top Muslim Achievers Committee for evaluating the nominees:
1. Preference will be given to the Chicagoland achievers.
2. Achievers from outside of Chicagoland will be recognized if their achievement is of national prominence.
3. The achievement should not be in a field that is considered haram, such as gambling, alcohol, etc.
4. Achievements must be from the past year or very recent past, unless it is of national prominence.
5. The nominees must be Muslims. Muslims who express or have
expressed any views offensive or contradictory to the fundamental Islamic beliefs and practices will not be considered for the award.
Please submit your nominations by completing the following form by September 11, 2016: