The Council of Islamic Organizations of Greater Chicago (CIOGC) is the unifying federation of Islamic organizations of greater Chicagoland, the leading advocate of Muslim community interests and catalyst for enriching American Society.
We are currently seeking an Executive Director with the following qualifications:
• 4-year degree, graduate degree preferred
• Experience in working with nonprofit organizations
• Basic understanding of Islam and current affairs
• Passion, energy and enthusiasm to work for a nonprofit organization
• Knowledge of Muslim community, civic society, other faith communities A successful track record in leadership positions with an organization or program and knowledge to develop, communicate and implement vision and strategy
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff, board, member organizations, community, and faith groups
• Organizational skills such as planning, collaborating, supervising, and delegating
• Excellent communication skills to interact with the media, civic leadership, Muslim and other faith group leadership
• Skills in fundraising, budgeting, and financial management
CIOGC offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you have any questions, please contact CIOGC Board Member Dr. Zahid Mohsin at 630-921-9293. To apply, please e-mail your resume to Dr. Zahid Mohsin at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “CIOGC ED” in the subject line.