The Youth Director will develop and guide the strategy for all youth related programs and activities to consistently articulate CIOGC's mission and policies. The Youth Director will report to the Executive Director and work closely with other CIOGC staff in areas of CIOGC Programs, Graphics, Communications and Administration as partners on a variety of strategic initiatives. The position involves a mix of high level planning and strategy setting as well as ongoing tasks in the areas of organized youth coalition for the Chicagoland Muslim community, development and training of youth workers, providing resources to member organizations and exploring grant opportunities for CIOGC.
The Youth Director will facilitate an organized coalition of youth efforts. Specifically, he/she will address:
- Increasing capacity and effectiveness of youth programs
- Strategic planning for youth programs
- Training youth workers at member organizations
- Providing resources for innovative youth programs at member organizations
- Exploring grants for youth programs
- Increasing youth participation in workshops, seminars and other initiatives
- Design, implement and manage all youth projects and campaigns through engagement with community organizations included in our membership
- Lead Muslim youth leadership development, interaction between youths of different ethnic backgrounds and geographic locations and prevention of extremist tendencies
- Engage with community organizations to create rapport with the youth
- Organize at least two regional youth seminars and work towards a central youth seminar
- Organize field trips for Muslim youth to meet with their legislative leaders, engage in sports activities, overnight camps, and other youth-oriented programs
- The successful candidate must possess a basic knowledge of Islam and the Muslim community in the Chicago area, and the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Sciences, or field relation to the position. Master's degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of successful experience in developing and leading Muslim Youth activities, especially for faith-based organizations
- Excellent leadership, writing and speaking skills with fluency in spoken and written English
- Commitment to the Council’s core values, including experience working with diverse ethnic, religious, and racial communities
Ability to speak Arabic and/or Urdu is a plus. The Council will offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications.
To apply for a position with CIOGC, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the position you’re applying for in the subject line. Please also include a writing sample, as well as work samples that are relevant to the position, and/or a link to your portfolio.